Thursday, October 17, 2013

RIP Crash

In the wake of the news of Hurley's cancer returning, I cannot forget about another dear boy who lost his fight to cancer.  I feel lucky that the majority of my BF's are also animal lovers ~ those furballs are our family and when we get together we often times get our animals together to play as well. 
 
Crash was a sweet 13 year-old kitty who was the apple of his Mommy and Daddy's eye.  Their baby, just as Hurley is one of our babies.  Little Crash's health started to deteriorate and he was diagnosed with cancer and given a short period of time to live...unfortunately for Crash, unlike Hurley, there weren't any options for chemo or other treatments to help him.  Yesterday his health took a turn for the worst and my dear friends knew it was time.  They knew it was time to set him free from his pain and made the excruciating, devastating, unselfish decision to let him go...thinking only of his best interest.  They were there for him until the end, like any loving Mommy and Daddy would be, as he took his last breath.

 
Crash is free of his pain now, leaving his Mommy and Daddy devastated.  He was a character and a little gentleman.  He is free to climb up on all the counters he wants or curl up in any and every fruit bowl, sink, or basket he can find in heaven.  And he will rock a bowtie like no other kitty can.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Crash, AKA Bunks, is now free of pain and at the Rainbow Bridge...
 
 

He is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge to see his beloved Mommy and Daddy again someday...

"And when I close my eyes I see you,
No matter where I am,
I know soon we'll be together,
And I can't wait till then,
I can't wait till then..."

*Zac Brown Band, Colder Weather*
 
"The perfect Mother lets the cat sleep on her head."
*Susan Griffin*
Little Crash had the perfect Mommy & Daddy to love him ~ yes, he slept on her head.

 
A Pets Prayer
If it should be, that I grow frail and weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then, you must do what must be done
For this, the last battle, can't be won.
Don't let your grief stay your hand,
For this day more than the rest,
Your love and friendship stand the test.
We've had so many years,
What is to come can hold no fear.
You'd not want me to suffer, so
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me to the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you'll see it is a kindness you do for me
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.
Don't grieve it should be you who this thing decides to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years,
Don't let your heart hold tears.
SMILE, FOR WE WALKED TOGETHER FOR AWHILE.
*Author Unknown*
 

To my dear friends during this difficult time...remember that you gave that little gentleman the best gift anyone ever could...unconditional love...and he returned it for you, even upon his last breath.  He will always be with you, in your heart and soul.  As your loving friends, we feel your pain with you.
 

Rest in Peace, Crash.
We love you,
~E, Chris, Bentley, Gracie, & Hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment