Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mom Down!!!

So it's been a hectic week or so...

Last Friday I headed to Florida to Trish's for her baby shower.  It was a fun/hot few days in Tampa but unfortunately I seem to have gone down for the count while visiting.  I must have caught a stomach bug on the plane down there and it hit me Sat night/Sunday ~ MOM DOWN!  Fortunately Tyrone had some good Jamaican natural remedies and I flew home with a chunk of ginger in my cheek and didn't yak on the plane - even though the nice lady at the Southwest gate was kind enough to let me pre-board so I could be near the bathroom.  I didn't feel great on Monday but on Tuesday when I started puking again and thought I was going to pass out I ended up having to call an ambulance for myself.  Good times.  Auntie Kristin saved the day and took care of Bentley for me, then Grammy & Grampy picked him up after playing with Tyler and Ava and brought him home for bed on Tuesday night.  After about 6 hours in the ER at UMass listening to the lady across the hall moaning and groaning nonstop, I was ready to go home.  I got two bags of fluids and an IV of nausea meds.  The ER doc wasn't keen on letting me go because I was still so run down and my blood pressure was low, but there was no way I was listening to that lady anymore.  Mom came to help with Bentley yesterday, and Auntie Diane/Papa Joe brought some chicken soup and pilaf.  Still not feeling great but I think I'm on the mend...

Bentley has been as cute as can be, keeping me smiling while I feel crummy...


He's on the move, taking several steps at a time but then he'll opt to crawl the rest of the way - he is a very cautious lil man.  He's got a mouth full of teeth, is "chatting" up a storm, and has a laugh like nothing I've ever heard...it's music to my ears...more on that later...

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment